Friday, June 26, 2009

19. Winter

Right, so when I thought to myself that I would come here and be able to avoid winter, I clearly didn't do my research. Evidently, Sydney experiences winter, much like the rest of the world! Now when I say "experiences winter" I don't mean it has an abundance of snow for me to have to shovel, but it certainly isn't 28 and sunny every day. In fact, a couple weeks ago it was around 10 degrees as a high! For a dessert country, it can certainly get cold!

Now while it has decided to rain and be cold, I have discovered that Sydney is the only city in Australia without any indoor courts. Needless to say I am feeling rather obese because I haven't done much if any physical activity. I was trying to get my ass up and to the gym in my building a couple times a week, and that was going great for, oh, a week...Then I decided I was too tired to bother. Another hinderance has been getting a cold that just won't go away. Nothing is more of an excuse than "oh I'm fighting a cold, it's probably not a good idea to work out." So I decided I would force myself to go once a week and do something. I will be doing tennis lessons once a week for an hour. Hopefully it will be a good work out as well as a chance to work on my technique and tactics as well as consistency.

After falling out with one of my friends here, I kind of decided to refocus myself. First I set up the tennis lessons described above, then I discovered a glorious computer program called "Garage Band" where you can create your own music. Little did I know that this would become a huge distraction for me. I have only just started working with the program, but I have a few rough takes and one track that is close to being completed (I'll be sure to share it with you when it's done!) and a few more in the pipeline.

Hopefully something more interesting occurs sometimes soon so I can tell you about it!

No comments: