Friday, July 31, 2009

20. Perth


Well I was lucky enough to finally make it to another part of Australia: Western Australia. It's quite a long distance to travel in order to get to Perth but after a long flight (nearly 6 hours!!!!) I got there.

The plan was for a nice weekend away where I could get out of Sydney and just relax. And relax I did! After I had some drama with my original hotel I booked, I ended up checking into another but then once settled headed around the city for a nice quiet afternoon wander. After doing that I made my way to a great Italian restaurant in Northbridge. I had dinner on my own in a restaurant for the first time and it was kind of nice to enjoy the food and wine and take it easy.

I headed home afterwards and had an early night and the next day took my time getting up. I had a leisurely early afternoon and then headed to some indoor tennis courts for a grueling 2 hour tennis lesson. It was quite a work out but I still managed to learn a few things to try and improve my game further, specifically with volleying and on my serve. Afterwards, I headed back to my hotel to shower before heading for a nice massage. It was quite relaxing!

The next day I headed down to Fremantle to explore the markets and what that area had to offer. I caught up with a friend named David and he took me around to a few different places. It was quite enjoyable and a really nice area to explore, especially to a pub with some drinks!

On my last day I went for a wander further out of the city towards Kings Park where they have the war memorial. It is a great walk but also has a fantastic view of the city from higher up.

They say Perth is the most isolated city in the world and I would believe it, but it's also one of the quietest cities and seemingly relaxed!

No comments: