Saturday, January 24, 2009

11. Wicked

I just thought I'd split my update into 2 as this next bit isn't very long. While in Melbourne, I was lucky enough to go see Wicked. Wicked is a musical that is about the 2 witches from "The Wizard of Oz" and it tells you about their story. It was something I was told would be a great show to see and since it was in Melbourne, I figured I would go.

I had an absolutely amazing time. The show was really well done (much to my surprise) and that was with 3 understudies! I sat in a great seat (about the 10th row or so) and met 2 Australian girls who were quite funny. One looked like Natalie Maines from the Dixie Chicks (and funnily enough her name was also Natalie) and her friend Sarah. They were entertaining before the show and during intermission. 

As always, I purchased a program but I also got myself an umbrella from there as it was funky and I didn't have one for Australia yet. Now I do.

Next up for me is a concert on the 3rd (just after my birthday) and then who knows what. I am starting to look for work as well. I shall keep you posted! :-).

No comments: