Monday, January 12, 2009

5. Shopping!


Every holiday involves shopping. We always tend to shop a little here and there, picking up souvenirs or buying ourselves something we need for our trip. It's a bit different when you are traveling for an extended period of time...say a year?

Today I went shopping on the hunt for a new pair of shoes as I am discovering the lack of diversity one pair has. So on my way downtown to pick up tennis tickets, (more on this later!) I decided to do some shopping as well while I was down there. Pitt Street is one of the main shopping streets, so I had a look through a few shops. 

I ended up buying a few things (all shown in the above picture) including those new shoes! Slides seem to be the trendy shoe here in Sydney, so I joined the trend (though mine are more classic than some I have seen!)

Now more on those tickets! Well Sydney has a warm-up tournament before the Australian Open: The Medibank International Sydney. I knew about it before coming here, but didn't know if I would be able to make it or if I was wanting to go. One of the joys of living in Australia is their admiration for tennis...it's always on TV. So I decided I would go as I needed some more stuff to do this week. I am going twice this week which should be exciting. I chose to do one day session and one night session. 

Much to my delight, the schedule for tomorrow includes Serena Williams, one of my favourite players in the tennis world! I am extremely excited to see her play live! I'll just have to make sure I get there with plenty of time! The link to the draw: http://www.medibankinternational.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/op-tuesday.pdf (just copy & paste the link into the address bar in your browser)

Tomorrow should be a good day. And yes, I will update the blog about it tomorrow!

No comments: