Tuesday, January 6, 2009

2. Day One



















So I am finally here. After a ridiculous amount of flying time, I arrived into sunny Sydney today. What an interesting experience. I did a lot better than I thought I would, and as suspected, I got next to no sleep.

By the time I arrived into Hong Kong (14 hours later), I was exhausted, but had to wait a couple hours for my connecting flight. Thankfully the airport in Hong Kong is big, so I wandered around for awhile. This made me even more tired, but my legs were thankful for some form of movement.

The flight from Hong Kong to Sydney was brutal. Not only did I have to contend with screaming children, but I had to battle my fatigue. When I get tired, my stomach tends not to agree with much of anything, so there was that, and then uncomfortable seats. I finally fell asleep due to exhaustion and had a horrible 3/4 sleep for a good few hours.

This seemed to help and I was able to survive the rest of my journey. Once I arrived into Sydney, I was instantly hit by the heat. It was about 30 degrees here today and sunny, but lovely. After dropping my bags off, and showering and changing (that helped my sanity) Jonathan took me around the immediate neighbourhood to make sure I wouldn't die when he leaves me for the weekend and I enjoyed being out in the heat. He has some great things around his flat.

The rest of my day was spent attempting to adjust to the time change. I kicked Jonathan's ass at Wii Tennis and we struggled with Mario Kart. Tomorrow I will be attempting to organize my life so that I don't impose on Jonathan too much. I also need to head to the bank and finish setting up my bank account with them. I may also explore the parks near Jonathan's place.

Anyways, back to getting some sleep...I think I may be tired now...

Love and light,
XOXO

No comments: